How do you deal with a sociopath employee?
Eight practical tactics for dealing with the office sociopath
- Make performance targets clear, specific and unambiguous – the sociopath will turn any leeway into an excuse.
- Make clear what is solely their responsibility.
- Set a clear and short agenda for performance meetings with them.
How do you protect yourself from a psychopath at work?
If you must deal with a psychopath, try these five strategies:
- Keep Your Emotions in Check. No matter how frustrated or upset you feel, keep your emotions in check.
- Don’t Show That You’re Intimidated.
- Don’t Buy Into Their Stories.
- Turn the Conversation Back on Them.
- Opt for Online Communication Whenever You Can.
How do you deal with a sociopath?
The best way to deal with a sociopath is to cut that person out of your life. They are dangerous, though, hard to say evil. Many sociopaths have a weak understanding of what is right or wrong. They lack a strong conscience to influence their decisions.
What are the early signs of a sociopath?
Common sociopath signs include antisocial behavior as well as a complete lack of both conscience and empathy. A sociopath snakes through life, causing trouble and turmoil with every slither and slide. While the signs of a sociopath are big-time scary, it’s important to know what they are to avoid being bitten.
How to outsmart a sociopath?
Spot a Manipulator. Manipulators are everywhere. Although psychologists estimate that only 4% of the population is truly sociopathological,in the entire United States that’s about 12 million Americans.
What are the common traits of a sociopath?
The most common traits of a sociopath that are uncontrolled rage, anger, frustration, verbal abuse and physical abuse may appear, when a sociopath finds that he is unable to meet his desires and requirements.