What if your name is different on my birth certificate?

What if your name is different on my birth certificate?

Answer: The most effective way would be to legally change your name through a court order. Name Changes are filed in District Court, in the county where you reside. You will need to contact the District Court in the county where you reside in order to obtain the needed forms.

Is it possible to have two birth certificates with different names?

Yes, but not two active birth certificates at the same time, at least in the US. One birth certificate, the original, could have the name of the birth father. If there is an adoption involving a new adoptive and a new birth certificate is requested, the new certificate replaces the old and the old one is sealed.

What if my name is wrong on my tax return?

How can I correct the spelling of my name with the IRS? You can correct the spelling when you file or by calling us toll-free at 800-829-1040. When you file, check that both your name and SSN agree with your social security card to prevent any delays in processing your return and issuing any refunds.

What do I do if it says my Social Security information doesn’t match what I entered when I created my account username and password FSA ID )?

Click on the “Update Account Information” button to make sure name, SSN, and date of birth are entered exactly as they appear on the Social Security card. If the information provided is correct, contact the SSA at 1-800-772-1213. Was this page helpful?

What is considered your full legal name?

Full legal name means an individual’s first name, middle name(s), and last name or surname, without use of initials or nicknames. Full legal name means the applicant’s first name, middle name(s), and last name, without the use of initials or nicknames, as it appears on the applicant’s presented source documents.

Can you use a different name without legally changing it?

Most states allow one or both spouses to change their last names without a separate name change petition after getting married. You could choose to take your spouse’s last name, hyphenate your last names, or in some states, choose a new last name unrelated to either your name or your spouse’s name.