Table of Contents
What main events happened in 2006?
- Introduction. 2006. The headlines in 2006 were marked by death, scandal and politics: 12 die in Sago Mine disaster.
- Sago Mine disaster. January 5.
- Immigration protests. April 10.
- McCartney-Mills separate. May 17.
- Enron trial. May 25.
- Al-Zarqawi killed. June 7.
- World Cup final. July 9.
- Mumbai train blasts. July 11.
What was happening in the world in January 2006?
Jan 12 French warship Clemenceau reaches Egypt and is barred access to the Suez Canal. Jan 12 The foreign ministers of the United Kingdom, France, and Germany declare that negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program have reached a dead end and recommend that Iran be referred to the United Nations Security Council.
What was big 2005?
11. Highest-Grossing Films
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- War of the Worlds.
- King Kong.
- Wedding Crashers.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Batman Begins.
What happened in1996?
July. July 17 – Paris and Rome-bound TWA Flight 800 (Boeing 747) explodes off the coast of Long Island, New York, killing all 230 on board. July 19 – The 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta begin. July 27 – The Centennial Olympic Park bombing at the 1996 Summer Olympics kills 2 and injures 111.
What bad things happened in 2006?
More Information for the Venus Express
- Sago Mine Disaster. Twelve coal miners die in the Sago Mine Disaster near Buckhannon, West Virginia in the United States.
- Hajj in Mina, Saudi Arabia.
- European Union.
- Iran refuses access to U.N. inspectors.
- Iran Tests Missiles.
- Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Iraq Saddam Hussein.
- Iraq Ramadan.
What was trendy in 2006?
21 Things That Were Cool In 2006 But Definitely Aren’t In 2016
- Low-rise jeans and thongs, aka whale tails.
- This man and his hat.
- Watching movies on your iPod Nano.
- Three-quarter length/capri pants.
- Posing for all your profile pictures exactly like this.
- Multicoloured metal braces.
What pop culture events happened in 2006?
Quick Facts from 2006:
- World Changing Events: Facebook became open to any over age 13.
- Twitter.com was launched.
- The Top Song was Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
- The Movies to Watch include Dreamgirls, Mission: Impossible III, The da Vinci Code, and Happy Feet.
- The Most Famous Person in America was probably.
How old is 2005 now?
The number of years from 2005 to 2021 is 16 years.
What was discovered in 2005?
Astronomers have found a new planet in the outer reaches of the solar system. July 29, 2005: “It’s definitely bigger than Pluto.” So says Dr. Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology who announced today the discovery of a new planet in the outer solar system.
How old would I be if I was born in 96?
The number of years from 1996 to 2021 is 25 years.
What came out in 96?
The year 1996 involved many significant films. The major releases this year included Scream, Independence Day, Fargo, Trainspotting, The Rock, The English Patient, Twister, Space Jam, Mars Attacks!, Jerry Maguire and a film version of the musical Evita.
What are some facts about 2006?