Table of Contents
What questions should I ask the day of a wedding planner?
Here are the key questions to ask a wedding planner.
- How many weddings have you planned?
- How many clients do you take on per year and per month?
- Who are your preferred vendors?
- What is your fee?
- Do you work alone or with a team?
- Will you attend wedding-related events?
- Can you help us stay on budget?
What to study if you want to be a wedding planner?
Important Facts about Education for Wedding Planners
|Degree Levels||Bachelor’s degrees are common|
|Degree Fields of Study||Hospitality & tourism management, marketing, business, and public relations|
|Common Courses||Hospitality services, food & beverage management, special events management|
|Online Availability||Yes; fully online|
What do I need to know before meeting a wedding planner?
Wedding coordinators will typically need all of your vendor contact information, vendor contracts, a floor plan, “house rules” or venue protocols, a floor plan (unless they include the creation of this in their package), order forms from rentals, florals, caterers, etc., a list of decor you are personally providing.
What should I discuss with a wedding coordinator?
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Planner or Day-Of Coordinator (like Hitch Studio)
- How many meetings should we plan to have?
- What exactly do you do before and during my wedding day?
- What is your fee?
- Do you have a portfolio with photos of past weddings you’ve planned?
- Do you have a business license?
How do you negotiate with a wedding planner?
How to Successfully Negotiate With Wedding Vendors
- [Read: 5 Things Your Wedding Probably Doesn’t Need.]
- Establish your budget.
- Review offers from multiple vendors.
- Be realistic.
- [See: 10 Money-Saving Websites to Check Before Shopping.]
- Know who to negotiate with.
- Ask for extras.
- Hire a vendor you’ve worked with before.
What questions should I ask an event planner?
Here are the questions to ask an event planner
- What do you specialise in?
- Which services do you offer?
- What is included in your fee?
- Who will work on the event?
- How much time will you need?
- How do you choose an event venue?
- Do you have good vendor contacts?
- How do you manage the event budget?
What is the salary of a wedding planner?
Wedding planners who have been working regularly for at least 5 years and have been building their client base report pulling in anywhere from $70,000 to $90,000 dollars a year, while those who have been working for 10 years regularly gross $100,000 annually.
What is the monthly income of a wedding planner?
Wedding Planner – Average Salary The average salary for a Wedding Planner is ₹3,76,400 per year (₹20,390 per month), which is ₹11,100 (-3%) lower than the national average salary in India. A Wedding Planner can expect an average starting salary of ₹2,18,600. The highest salaries can exceed ₹8,00,000.
What’s the difference between wedding planner and coordinator?
Wedding Coordinator: An individual who is focused on the coordination of the logistics of a wedding. While a wedding planner would be involved during your entire planning process, a wedding coordinator—on the other hand—usually gets involved with the coordination of a wedding about one month before the big day.
How do you message your wedding planner?
7 Tips for Contacting Potential Wedding Vendors
- Narrow Your Search. There’s no need to contact 20 photographers or 15 planners.
- Provide as Much Information as Possible.
- Add a Lovely Message.
- Double Check Your Information.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Follow Up (If You Love Their Work)
- Don’t Dismiss Consultations.
Do wedding planners get you discounts?
If you would like to offer discounts, offer to ask your recommended wedding vendors during the planning process if they will give a discount or complimentary upgrade for your clients. If you prefer not to negotiate prices, that is completely fine.
What are the 5 C’s of event management?
The process of planning an event from start to finish may be divided into 5 basic phases, which we have called the 5 Cs. These are Concept, Coordination, Control, Culmination and Closeout.
What should I ask a wedding planner?
Are there extra services you can provide and what do you charge?
What makes a good wedding planner?
A good wedding planner must also be a good businessperson. After all, the wedding planner must carry out all of the wedding business deals. The planner should be able to effectively negotiate deals with florists, caterers, photographers, musicians, and more. A wedding planner should be able to manage finances.
What skills are needed to become a wedding planner?
Along with wedding planning, they must be knowledgeable in running a business. Business skills needed to work as a wedding planner include finance, which keeps a wedding on budget and knowing how much to charge clients, and marketing, to bring in new clients and expand the business.
Should you hire a wedding planner?
If you’re planning a destination wedding, we definitely recommend hiring a local professional planner (or a planner who specializes in destination weddings) to make sure that you’re using only the best local vendors.