Table of Contents
- 1 What is the average number of text messages sent by a teenager?
- 2 How many texts are sent a day 2020?
- 3 Which country texts the most?
- 4 Which country sends the most text messages?
- 5 What percentage of 10 year olds have cell phones?
- 6 What percentage of 11 year olds have phones?
- 7 How many text messages do teenagers send and receive each day?
- 8 How much do teens really talk on the phone?
- 9 What percentage of Americans use cell phones?
What is the average number of text messages sent by a teenager?
The number of texts being sent is on the rise, especially among teenagers age 13 to 17. According to Nielsen, the average teenager now sends 3,339 texts per month. There’s more, though: teen females send an incredible 4,050 text per month, while teen males send an average of 2,539 texts.
How many texts are sent a day 2020?
Meanwhile, in 2020, there were 2.1 trillion text messages exchanged, an increase of 52 billion messages since 2019. (CTIA, 2020) On average, consumers send 13 texts on their personal cell phones every day. This is more than four times the average number of emails sent on their personal cell phones per day.
What percentage of 13 year olds have cell phones?
That ownership has grown substantially over the past four years among all ages, increasing from 24 percent of all 8- to 12-year-olds in 2015 to 41 percent today and jumping from 67 percent to 88 percent among 13- to 18-year-olds. The study shows habits on phone use vary by gender.
Which country texts the most?
4. China and India have the most people who send sms messages — China comes first with 1,081 million people and India second with 730 million.
Which country sends the most text messages?
Which country has the most text messages?
10 Things to Know About the Philippines
- The Philippines is made up of 7,641 islands, making it one of the largest archipelagos in the world.
- Due to the large volume of text messages sent throughout the country, the Philippines has earned its nickname as the “text capital of the world.”
What percentage of 10 year olds have cell phones?
Nearly half of children aged five to 10 own mobile phones, according to a new report. The findings from Childwise, a research agency specialising in children, reveal that 47 per cent of children in that age group now own mobile phones, a figure that has risen from 38 per cent last year.
What percentage of 11 year olds have phones?
Just over half of children in the United States — 53 percent — now own a smartphone by the age of 11. And 84 percent of teenagers now have their own phones, immersing themselves in a rich and complex world of experiences that adults sometimes need a lot of decoding to understand.
Who is the text capital of the world?
The Philippines has been called the “TEXT” capital of the world due to the large volume of Short Messaging System (SMS) traffic exchange in the country. It has been estimated that the number of cellular phone subscribers in the Philippines reached over 23 million and is still growing at a rapid rate.
How many text messages do teenagers send and receive each day?
We also find out that girls on average send and receive 80 text messages a day, while boys only send and receive 30. When it comes to driving, one in three teenagers between 16-17 have texted while driving. And, one in two that own cell phones have talked on their phone while behind the wheel.
How much do teens really talk on the phone?
26% of all teens (including those with and without cell phones) say they talk daily with friends on their cell phone, down from 38% of teens in 2009. However, the Pew Internet survey shows that the heaviest texters are also the heaviest talkers.
How many people text on their smartphones?
At least 97% of smartphone owners text regularly. (Pew Research Center) Text messaging is ubiquitous. In fact, one report from 2012 even said there were more people in the world who sent text messages than who had electricity in their homes!
What percentage of Americans use cell phones?
Some 83% of American adults own cell phones and three-quarters of them (73%) send and receive text messages.